• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool double gas range WGG745S0FS02 top oven/broil not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtak101

Premium Member
Model Number
WGG745S0FS02
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a whirlpool double gas oven the model # is WGG745S0FS02, had an issue with the top portion not working the bake or broil. Saw the ignitors were not glowing so changed them both out. part numbers WPW10324738 & WP7432P143-60. Now the bake ignitor glows it will light the burner then go out within about 30 seconds or so. The broiler doesnt glow at all, I dont smell gas either. I also dont smell gas after the bake burner goes out after 30-45 seconds. Everything else works as expected, bottom oven, and stove top burners. Unsure where to go from here. Thanks.

Added model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
W10318553 isn't a model number.

The model number will start with 2 or 3 letters first like WFE or GS or GW.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

What happens is when you turn on either the BAKE or BROIL cycle the igniter should draw 3.2-3.6 amps to properly open the gas oven safety valve for BAKE or BROIL.

To check it, use a Clamp style Amp Probe around one of the igniter wires. You're looking for 3.2 to 3.6 amps.

Here's the BAKE igniter for your model:
Oven Igniter 7432P143-60

For the BROIL glow bar ignitor:
WPW10324738

If you don't see an orange glow then you will need a multimeter to check for 120 volts at the BROIL igniter glow bar electrical connector when your oven is on BROIL.

To access that, the connector is usually either under the oven itself, or in the back of your oven, after you pull the oven out from the wall and take the back panel off.

If you get 120 volts at that connector with the BROIL is ON, then the BROIL igniter glow bar is the culprit. Since yours is new, you could have received a defective or damaged in shipping BROIL ignitor.

Disconnect power your oven first BEFORE taking the access panel off, then you can reconnect power back in when checking for 120 volts with the BROIL on.

Jake

jtak101

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply, so I unplugged pulled the access panel off to check the V and A like you suggested, turned on and everything worked, broiler igniter came on and lit, bake came on and stayed on, not sure what changed or why its working now.

I appreciate the responses and the quick reply's, was very helpful .

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.