• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool double oven RBD305PVS02 display and oven stopped working, light works.

thwswimback

Premium Member
Model Number
RBD305PVS02
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi all,

My double oven stopped working. The lights turn on but there is no display and it doesn't heat. When you hit buttons it give a series of beeps (1 short, 1 long, 3 short).

I'm looking for what to do next without buying a new one or spending a ton. From what I have read it could be the control panel, control board, thermostat, fuse and on and on.

I really can't even find accurate info online as to what part numbers I need for my exact oven.

I'm at a loss, please help.

I don't own a multi-meter and have never worked on an oven, but I'm decently handy (have fixed front load washer pump motor, etc).

Do I order parts? Send some off somewhere for repair with a company like core centric solutions? Have a maintenance person come out to diagnose?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The problem is the main control board itself has gone out. Unfortunately, Its been discontinued.

Here's the main control board for your model:
Oven Control Board WPW10438750

Jake

thwswimback

Premium Member
Thanks. I saw others say to replace the control panel as well. Do you think just this control board will do the trick? Any repair places you recommend me sending it to?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its the control board, seen this many times on my service calls.

But that control panel does have a lot of age on it, and its only a matter of time till that goes out too.

Here's the control panel for your model:
WP8304275 Swtch-Memb

Any repair places you recommend me sending it to?
You can try circuitboardmedics.com

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome!

Jake

thwswimback

Premium Member
Your welcome!

Jake
I received the board back and just installed it. Unfortunately, not all of the buttons are working. Do you know what part of the board controls certain buttons? Is it the ribbon connector? That didn't go in extremely well and the clip attachment broke on one end. Even still, I think it's in and don't think anything would work if it wasn't.

Clock works, oven will heat etc. It's most of the middle buttons that don't work. Weird because the increase temp button does NOT work but the lower temp button directly under it DOES work.

It could be the control pad but I seriously doubt that failed at the exact same time. Could it be my attachments?

thwswimback

Premium Member
Well, it's definitely the ribbon connector. I can jiggle it and when it hits just right the increase temp button works. But, it doesn't work unless I'm actively messing with it. Can I get just a new ribbon connector or does that have to be installed professionally?

thwswimback

Premium Member
And after looking for the control panel, it turns out it is of course out of production and the sites that have it as "back ordered" actually will not be getting any more. I'm guessing a ribbon connector can not be repaired.

thwswimback

Premium Member
Part WP8304272 looks IDENTICAL. Wonder if that would work. Thoughts?

Alternatively, I found a working one for the exact model except it's the SINGLE oven, wonder if that would work to just control the top?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, WP8304272 will not work on your model.

The ribbon cable on comes with the control panel.

Here's the control panel for your model:
WP8304275 Swtch-Memb

Jake

thwswimback

Premium Member
Bummer. I called that company you linked as well as a few others and they don't have any and won't get more. Nothing on ebay either. I guess without that part I have to buy a new oven, correct?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, time to go new oven shopping.

Jake