• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool double oven upper door latched, can't open E1 F5 on display

debb

Premium Member
Model Number
RBD305PDQ15
Brand
Whirlpool
WHIRLPOOL double oven upper oven door is latched and won't open. The display shows E1 F5. When I pressed and held the upper/off button, the error message briefly disappeared (became time display) and immediately I heard something like a dial turning and when the dial sound stops, the E1 F5 message returns. Tried switched off breaker for the oven and turned it back on but the problem remains. The lower oven works and I can open the lower door. Is the door motor assembly bad? Help!

Before that, came home and oven did the weirdest thing ever. At first, the displays E0 F2, then E0 F2 bake on, E0 F2 Pre, then 500 F2, then E0F2, E0F2 500, like the display was doing its own thing by itself. When pressed upper/off, the E1 F5 shows up as described above paragraph. i can't reproduce that e0 F2 error sequence. It became E1 F5. Could this indicate some type of radio frequency interference to the control board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sounds like you have two problems.

Whirlpool double oven upper door latched, can't open E1 F5 on display
Yes, that error code indicates a problem with the oven door lock/latch motor assembly.

On this model I have seen the oven door lock/latch motor assembly either go bad or get stuck to where it does this. I would check that first, its #22 here: Parts for Whirlpool RBD305PDQ15: Upper Oven Parts

Here's the door lock/latch motor assembly for your model:
Whirlpool W10195934 Latch, Door - AppliancePartsPros.com

To access it: You will need to remove the control panel assembly.

1. Disconnect the electrical power to the double oven.
2. Open the upper oven door.
3. Remove the bottom screw from each of the two side trim pieces.
4. To remove the side trims, pull the bottom out approximately 2 inches, and slide the top down to free it from the control panel.
5. Remove the screws from the control panel sides.
6. To remove the oven control panel, pull it out at the bottom, and lift and unhook it from the oven cabinet support at the top.

You may need to pull your double oven out from the wall a little if you don't have enough clearance at the top of your control panel to remove it.

Again: Make sure you turn the breaker off to your double oven first!

Before that, came home and oven did the weirdest thing ever. At first, the displays E0 F2, then E0 F2 bake on, E0 F2 Pre, then 500 F2, then E0F2, E0F2 500, like the display was doing its own thing by itself. When pressed upper/off, the E1 F5 shows up as described above paragraph. i can't reproduce that e0 F2 error sequence. It became E1 F5.
Error Code E0 F2: Key held down too long, or key is shorted.

1. Disconnect power or unplug oven.
2. Check keypad connector for firm connection.
3. Press CANCEL. If error code returns after 60 sec., replace keypad.
4. Replace control.

Here's the keypad control panel assembly for your model you can order:
Whirlpool 8300436 Control Panel Assy. W/membrane Switch (white Model)

Could this indicate some type of radio frequency interference to the control board?
Not likely if its never happened before.

Jake