• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Dryer GEW9250PL0 not starting after replacing electronic control

elpizz

Premium Member
Model Number
GEW9250PL0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

I've had an issue that seems like other people have had with condensation filling their Duet dryer, and this set my ECB haywire. This happened one time and I was lucky enough that the board starting working on its own again, but I did order a replacement just in case. A few days ago I accidentally left the dryer door closed and the same issue, filled with condensation and the ECB stopped working. Fast forward to today and the ECB would power on but there were a couple buttons that didn't work, such as the start button and the cancel button. Eventually after switching power on and off the board wouldn't start at all. I decided it was time to switch out to the new one, and it had the exact same issue as the old one, where the start button or the cancel button wouldn't work, and now this one also won't turn on anymore at all.

I'm at a loss. I think it might be the control board now that is causing issues, but when I looked up the part model, it said it was discontinued. I'm not sure what to do or test now and at this point i'm tempted to just get a new dryer since the price of repairing these parts is almost worth the cost of a new dryer.

Any help would be appreciated!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Access the control board and check for 120 VAC across P1-5 - P1-2 and P1-5 - P1-3
L- GGW92500.jpg

elpizz

Premium Member
Ok, so I checked on this thing one more time after getting home from work and now it is magically working...I'm not sure what happened or why it started working now but I got it running and currently everything looks ok, for now.