• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dryer LEB6300PW0 Stops Drying Mid Cycle

cloverdaletrout

Premium Member
Model Number
LEB6300PW0
Brand
Whirlpool
My Whirlpool LEB6300PW0 stops drying mid cycle. The dryer heats and turns just fine, however I often come back to the utility room and the dryer cycle has not completed. In order to restart the dryer I just push the Start button. This can happen quickly within 5 minutes after starting the cycle. I checked the lent duct and inside the blower area and lent build up does not seem to be an issue.
A few times when the dryer stopped mid cycle I pushed the start button and nothing happened. When I opened the dryer door the light would be off as if no power at all. After a few minutes of turning knobs and messing with the the timer, I am able to restart the dryer.

In ideas what my problem might be?
Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like you either have a short at your power cord connection or your timer is the culprit.

Pull the dryer out from the wall first, then unplug it, then remove the access panel where your power cord connects to the dryer terminal block.

Here's a photo of the terminal block where the power cord connects to, Lots of times I see a short there as per the photo below.

Here's the timer for your model:
Whirlpool 3979618 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Let us know what you find.

Jake

cloverdaletrout

Premium Member
I looked at the power cord connection and everything appeared in good condition.

Is there any method to test the timer before I replace that part?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
With it being intermittent like that, it would be difficult to test the timer. When it acts up again, wiggle the timer knob and see if it starts or the light comes on in the dryer drum.

Jake

cloverdaletrout

Premium Member
I checked the wire connections on the timer and to make sure they we're clean and had good contact. Once I plugged them all back, the dryer seems to be working correctly. Thanks for the advise. I believe the issue is resolved.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, thanks for the update.

Jake