• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dryer

ColtKindall

Premium Member
Model Number
IED4400UQL
Brand
Whirlpool
One day when pressing the start button nothing happened. There was no sounds or anything. I have checked the following and they test good on the ohm meter.

Thermal fuse

Door switch

Start Switch

Motor

Timer

All of the wiring is intact and working good. The power supply is good, and the 220 outlet is working properly. I have no idea what could still be wrong with this thing! Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

IED4400UQL

Could that be IED4400VQ1

The power supply is good, and the 220 outlet is working properly

And the neutral for the 120 volts works as well.

Q - My dryer is dead, what could do that ?
A- Common problems...blown house fuse/tripped breaker ( electric dryers need 2 )...loose white/neutral wire...broken belt ( on some models only )...door switch/door switch bracket...*thermal fuse open ( venting needs attention )...broken or burnt wire...timer...motor...burnt power cord/plug...start switch ( especially the ones with a built in relay switch )
* If you find a blown thermal fuse, always clean, change, adjust the venting system and vent hood first

jeff.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Missed something then in the testing....the items being ohmed where isolated ( at least one wire removed )?
Somethings can ohm ok but fail when you put power to it...might need to carefully do live voltage testing then.

jeff.