• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool duet dryer, PF error code, now dead

dwoodrow

Premium Member
Model Number
GEW9250PW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Good morning. Saturday afternoon the dryer was running. Heard the "beep-beep-beep" and the dryer stopped. Saw "PF" error code. Pressed "start" and the dryer started again and finished the cycle with no further issue.

Sunday the same thing happens. Dryer running, "beep-beep-beep", and "PF" error code. Press start again but this time the dryer shuts down and will not come back on. No LED, no beeps, no response at all. Unplugged, waited 5 min and plugged back in. Still nothing.

There was no power failure when this happened. Checked the outlet with my meter and measured 240V. Breaker was not tripped.

You have helped me with 2 other appliances, I hope you can help me with my 3rd.

Thanks in advance.

Model: GEW9250PW0
Serial: MS1346096

David

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi David,

Sounds like a possibly loose ribbon cable connection or the control panel(user interface) or control board is bad.

Here is the online repair manual for the Whirlpool Duet dryer: https://www.applianceblog.com/manuals/Duetdry.pdf
Give it time to download. Page 6-3 is the trouble shooting section. Then page 4-4 shows you how to remove the control panel(user interface) touchpad assembly.

Here's the control panel touchpad user interface for your model:
Whirlpool 8558753 Electronic Control

Here's the control board for your model:
Main Control Board 8546219 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Here's a thread I found thats similar to your issue, and the new user interface fixed it: FIXED Whirlpool Duet GEW9250PW0 Dryer is down

Jake

dwoodrow

Premium Member
will try tonight

Thanks so much for the quick reply Jake. I will see what I can do tonight.

David

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok David, sounds good.:)

Jake

dwoodrow

Premium Member
fixed!

Jake,

Thanks so much for the link to the manual. I disassembled the main control board and the UI board. Everything looked normal during disassembly. Nothing seemed lose. Gave everything a good blow to get the dust off and put it back together.

Plugged it in and it works! No idea what happened or what changed. Running the first load now. Hopefully it will stay running.

Thanks for all you do for the DIY community. You are a true help to all of us.

This is the 3rd time you have helped me. All three have been successes.

Best of luck to you.

David

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Lets hope David, because guess what? This weekend my video card in my computer started acting weird, and I opened my computer case and you wouldn't believe the dust I found in it, blew it all out, worked fine for a evening, then next morning doing the same, had to go to Best Buy and get a new nvidia video card for $275.

Been working great since.:)

Jake