• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Duet Dryer stuck on sensing.

Model Number
YGEW9250PL1
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool Duet dryer that came with our house when we bought it (the house). We've had it for 2 years but I dont know when it was bought. The other day it would start up and is stuck in sensing mode. Ive ran the moisture sensor test and it came back with a code 09 can anyone help me figure out whats wrong? TIA

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Be sure the dryer is in Standby Mode (plugged in and all indicators off).

Press the following button sequence: MORE TIME ➔ LESS TIME ➔MORE TIME ➔ LESS TIME - all within 5 seconds.

All indicators on the console are illuminated with “88” showing in the “ESTIMATED TIME REMAINING” (two-digit) display, if this test mode has been entered successfully.

If E1 or E2 flashes in the display there’s a problem with the thermistor.

Opening the door should cause a beep tone and a number and letter to be indicated in the two-digit display.

Closing the door firmly should cause a beep tone and the display to go blank or indicate “88”.

Pressing each button or turning the cycle selector to each cycle, should cause a beep tone and control one or more LED’s.

Pressing the HOLD TO START button will also control the motor and heater while the two digit display will indicate a software project number.