• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Duet Steam Dryer WED9550WW2 F23 Error Code, also F01 and F70 Error Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sisto

Premium Member
Model Number
WED9550WW2
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello, Whirlpool Duet Dryer has a F23 Error Code which is the thermistor so I replaced it and same result and also checked the thermal fuse it was ok the dryer would start and after about 2 min. the F23 error code came up and faulted out the heating element never came on. I went to my local Appliance dealer and he said it was the control board.

I had someone else check my original thermistor and it wasn't bad the previous man who helped tested it incorrectly but I left the new one in, so I ordered a refurbished board and it seems these boards blow out the same module but inspecting my original board it was not burnt but the replacement board I see where they ran a jumper wire to take the power surges, so I install the new board and now a F01 error code comes up and when I press the start button it beeps three times and won't start and flashes the FO1 error code so now two different boards two different error codes so I put it in diagnostic mode and pushed the damp dry signal button and it started up and ran with the heating element on like normal.

I went back to the appliance store and he sent me another control board I installed it did the same as the previous board would not start beeped three times then flashed a F70 error code so I went back got a refund and he said I have another problem and that was all he could do and to call a technician. So three boards three different error codes now these boards were refurbished not new which is double the cost did I by chance get two faulty boards and should invest in a new board, I read another post and his problem was his terminal I checked my voltage and I had 238V so that is good 119 each side, Can someone advise me what to check next. Thanks for your time and help. Sisto

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you are getting bad refurbished boards. Order the new OEM one below and you should be back in business.

F01 and F70 codes says...
Replace the machine control electronics.

Here's the machine control electronics board for your model you can order:
Whirlpool W10256719 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

Sisto

Premium Member
Jake, Got the new board today installed it works like new. Thanks for your time and help greatly appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @Sisto glad to hear the new machine control electronics board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.