Whirlpool Duet Steam Won't Tumble WED/WGD 9750W*0

GBGUser

Model Number
WED/WGD 9750W
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello, I've been sifting through some great resources on this forum, but find myself stumped with determining my fault code. Here's what I know...

Brand: Whirlpool
Model: Duet Steam
Pant Number: WED/WGD 9750W*0

Description of issue: The Dryer appears to have power, as the information cluster powers on. However, starting a drying cycle produces only a "click," with no drying, heat or tumbling of the drum.

Troubleshooting done to-date: I have prompted the "88:88"code on the miniscreen by pressing the "More Time, Less Time, More Time, Less Time Sequence" in under 5 seconds. I have opened the dryer door and bridged the sensor strips / pad and am getting a buzzing sound (like a rapid fire binging), along with the code "2:20." (To note: the lower sensor strip appears slightly bent up and away from the lint screen housing on one side.)

I have closed the door, and am receiving a "5:99" code. Pressing start just afterwards starts a pump, which fills the drum with 1.5 cups of water. At the end of the water spraying, the screen goes blank and returns no error codes. I have confirmed there is no blockage in the dryer exhaust that could be causing water to enter the drum; this is precipitation from a steam cycle.

Simply restarting the dryer and starting a "normal" cycle results in a long pause and then the dryer shuts back off without an error code.

My question(s): How do I prompt a fault code? What do "2:20" and "5:99" refer to? Any idea what could be the issue here?

Thanks in anticipation.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

First we need the complete model number, WED/WGD just signifies if the dryer is ELECTRIC or GAS. The model number tag is located inside the dryer door.

Jake