• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Duet WED9200SQ0 won't start F01 Error Code

boxermizer

Premium Member
Model Number
WED9200SQ0
Brand
Whirlpool
They dryer was working one day and the next, nothing. It lights up when I press the power button, but I get a click then a few seconds later the F01 error code shows up. I have tested the fuse and it appears to be good. I've read it is likely the control board, but its a pretty spendy part. I've read there are other things I can check, but they aren't for this exact model, so I'm a little confused on where everything is just by part name. Can someone tell me if there are other parts I can check/test or if there is a way to test the control board to be sure that is the problem before I spend the money? Thanks!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It's going to be the machine control electronics Access the control and measure the voltage across P9-2 and P8-3 (120 VAC supply voltage), P9-2 to P8-4 (120V if the door is closed and the door switch is good. P9-2 to P9-1 and press start, (120V to motor)
Main Control Board WPW10110641

boxermizer

Premium Member
Thank you! Do I access this control board from the top of the dryer? Do I remove it to test it? Are these numbers labeled on the control board or do I need to find a diagram to figure out what I'm to test? And do I need to remove the door switch prior to testing it? Sorry, I'm no electrician, but definitely willing to do things myself. I've changed out parts on a washing machine before, but never done this voltage testing before.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Do I access this control board from the top of the dryer?
Yes, it's located on the left side.
Do I remove it to test it?
You can go in thru the back of the connectors with your meter leads. If your meter leads are too big, use a safety pin:

safety pin 500x250.jpg

Are these numbers labeled on the control board
Yes, here's the ones you need: Ignore P2 and P14
L-WED94 control.jpg

And do I need to remove the door switch prior to testing it?
P9-2 to P8-4 (120V if the door is closed and the door switch is good).
No, if you have 120V the switch is good. Make sure the door is closed.