• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Fridge ES5LHAXSA01 still not running after new condenser fan installed - Nothing but lights work

loumires

Premium Member
Model Number
ES5LHAXSA01
Brand
Whirlpool
The refrigerator stopped making any sounds. No motors or fans are running. The lights on the fridge are working, but that is it. The coils were slightly dusty, but I try to keep them clean. Nothing outside the fridge's internal compartments was frozen. The motor, coils, fan, and all lines look fine from what I can tell.

I unplugged the refrigerator, installed a new condenser fan, and plugged it back in. Still, after an hour, nothing is running at all.

There were a couple of similar threads, but they both said something besides the lights were running. Not on mine. Nothing but the lights work. Nothing else is running or making a sound. Any tips on what I can try next?

loumires

Premium Member
My wife found a video on YouTube that helped. All I needed to do was reset the fridge by pushing the push-button switch inside the door frame of the fridge 3 times back to back and then wait approximately 3 seconds before shutting the door. It took a few more seconds, but the motor started right back up, and the fridge is now cooling again in both the freezer and fridge side.

For any who have the same issue, if doing push-button switch reset inside the fridge doesn't work, try doing the push-button switch on the freezer side using the same method.

Here is the YouTube video link:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job finding that video.(y)

Did you replace the condenser fan blade or fan motor?

What was the reason for replacing the condenser fan motor motor or fan blade?

Here's the condenser fan motor for this model:
Condenser Motor Kit W10124096

Here's the condenser fan blade for your model:
Blade-Fan 8201630

Jake