• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool fridge WRX735SDBM00 ice maker not working

jamey

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
My Whirlpool WRX735SDBM00 french door ice maker doesnt work. No water flow to tray or turning of dial. Temps are correct. Water filter needs replaced but water dispenser works fine, Did a jump test in the two holes to run water to tray and also to turn dial. Nothing. So I replaced ice maker with a new one and same results, nothing. Help please,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You have to replace the wiring that comes with the new ice maker as well, did you replace the wiring WITH the ice maker?

You can also Force cycle the ice maker and measure the voltage at the water valve solenoid at the end of the harvest cycle. If your meter indicates 120 Volts AC for about 7 seconds, replace the water valve. If your meter indicates less than 100 Volts AC ice maker is the problem.

Read post #5 on HOW TO JUMP T and H to do a FORCE CYCLE in this thread:

Just remove the electrical connector from the ice maker solenoid side of the water inlet valve, then put your meter probes in that electrical connector, then cycle the ice maker and watch the meter to see if you get 120 volts towards the end of the ice maker cycle.

This video shows you how to access the water inlet valve inside the refrigerator section:
The smaller water line tube goes to the ice maker. So the ice maker side solenoid is the YELLOW one, put your meter probes in the electrical connector that goes to the YELLOW solenoid.

I was only getting 48 volts to the ice maker side of the water inlet valve solenoid when I cycled the ice maker. I ordered this exact same ice maker kit FOR ALL FIVE of my service calls and it fixed them all.:)

Here's the ice maker kit for your model:
W10882923 Icemaker

Jake

jamey

Premium Member
Thanks so much Jake! As I mentioned I did the jump on T and H to force cycle but no movement. I hooked my new ice maker to my existing wires, I did not replace the whole harness. So if I get no results from jumping T and H does this mean the problem is possibly in the harness? It seems I cant do the check on the valve solenoid if I cant make it harvest?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where you holding the door switch in when you jumped T and H?

Jake

jamey

Premium Member
Where you holding the door switch in when you jumped T and H?

Jake
Yes, I have tried holding the door switch also pressing the left buttons on door panel til display goes to zero then up arrow til 25, supposed to give power to unit when door open, But still nothing. This is a new ice maker. The fan does come on and auger turns so power is getting to back motor and fan. Could it be my old harness coming from back area to where it plugs into new ice maker is bad? The whole harness was not included with my new ice maker, only a small adapter cable I didnt need.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you MUST use the NEW wire harness that comes with the ice maker, if you did not get it, contact the place where you got the new ice maker from and tell them to send, if they refuse, tell them you HAVE TO HAVE IT if they still refuse, tell them you want a refund, and order it from my link to it above.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake

jamey

Premium Member
Jake, your link above shows "out of stock" so in the meantime I tried checking continuity of the 4 wires and "T" wire and they seem ok. So it seems this part of the harness is good, no?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It be then yes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Put your multimeter PROBES in L and N on the ice maker module you should get 120 volts, make sure you hold the door switch in when doing that.

If you don't get 120 volts, then unplug the wire harness at the ice maker and ohm test the thermal in-line fuse that connects to the ice maker and see if you have continuity on it, if no continuity then its bad, and this wire harness is in-stock:
whirlpool-harns-wire-w11029433-ap6039078_01_l.jpg

Jake