• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Gas Range (WEG730H0DS0) Cancel Button Not Working (F2E0)

helplease

Premium Member
Model Number
WEG730H0DS0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi Everyone,

First of all thank you for your time and input to resolve my annoying problem with this range. I recently got an error code F2E0 and noticed that my Cancel button was not working. I did all of the following but the issue is still there. Please help:

1) Reset the power (did not solve)
2) Changed the control panel where the clock is displayed (did not work)
3) Called the technician and he said I need a new control board. I changed it (did not solve)
4) Changed the touch pad where the keys are located. All works but Cancel Button

Pretty much I changed everything that may be causing this issue but the ribbon cable, That will be the next on my list to change but it is very annoying that the Cancel button is the only issue here. Is there anybody out there encountered and solved this issue?

Thanks,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

F2E0: Keypad Disconnected, The main control no longer sees the keypad. Here's the tech. data sheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-4JSL6_Gj4X1KhvF2NUqGGeymlkM2OFi

1. Unplug range or disconnect power.
2. Inspect keypad connection to main control (connector P12). If connection loose/unplugged, reconnect.
3. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
4. Plug in range or reconnect power. Allow 60 seconds for main control to identify keypad. If error code reappears, go to Step 5. If the error code does not reappear, go to Step 9.
5. Unplug range or disconnect power. Inspect keypad connector, keypad cable, and main control connector P12 for signs of damage (cracked locking tab, bent pins, etc.). If damage found, go to Step 8.
6. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
7. Plug in range or reconnect power. Allow 60 seconds for main control to identify keypad. If error code reappears, go to Step 8. If the error code does not reappear, go to Step 9.
8. Replace components in the following order of likelihood of failure
a. Keypad cable
b. Keypad
c. Main control
9. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
10. Plug in range or reconnect power
11. Verify operation is normal. Enter the diagnostic mode to view the “Faults” screen. Press START TIME or DELAY START to clear each Fault code(s)

Did you replace the keypad cable and keypad assembly(aka Membrane Switch)?

Here it is for your model:
W10728523 Swtch-Memb

Jake

helplease

Premium Member
Thanks Jake.. Yes I did replace the membrane switch and the issue is the same. I get alternating error messages between F2E0 and F2E1 (Stuck or shorted Key error which makes sense because Cancel button is the one that is not working). I presume the common elements on these two error messages are the control board (which was replaced initially) and the ribbon cable.

I used the existing configuration to plug in a new membrane switch and the same error repeated with the new membrane switch. This makes me believe that the issue is either the ribbon cable (which was not replaced) or the control board failure again. However, since the control board is new and significantly more expensive, I will give it a shot to ribbon cable first. I will update once I replace it. I am curious your thoughts on this. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

I don't see a separate ribbon cable on the parts diagram, I only see it comes with the membrane switch I posted the link to above.

Jake