• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Whirlpool GH7155XKQ

ajs602

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
1
Location
Phoenix, AZ
I was using the exhaust fan on my whirlpool gh7155xkq micro oven to vent air from the stove. When I went to turn off the fan the button would not respond and the fan stayed on. I tried all the other buttons on the micro and none of them would respond. When I open the micro the light is on inside and the display shows the time. I unplugged the micro to stop the fan and when I plugged it back in the micro asks me to set time of day but none of the buttons respond.

I read some other posts which say there is a fuse behind the control panel. Is this correct? If so, does this sound like the problem?

Any input would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
 

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
23,919
Location
Ontario, Canada
G'day,

I read some other posts which say there is a fuse behind the control panel. Is this correct? If so, does this sound like the problem?
Yes.....no. If the fuse lets go the entire microwave will go off/dead.

Sounds like a control issue....key panal, PCBoard or both.

jeff.
 
Top