Whirlpool GHW9400PT0 Electrical Issues

amoffitt

Premium Member
Model Number
GHW9400
Brand
Whirlpool
Hey guys,

I have a Whirlpool GHW9400PT0 front loading washer. I seem to have some type of electrical issue. When I plug up the unit the control functions spaz out.

At first I did not have any power, I fixed this by replacing the main control board. Once I did that I got the machine to power up. Now the front where you choose settings will not understand what setting I set the dial to then when I move it to another one it will not go to the correct one that I selected. I thought that it might be a bad main board but I put in another one and that issue still persisted.

I had also replaced the whole control unit/module that supports the buttons on the front of it without any luck as far as resolving the issue. I more or less was googling and trying to research this issue when I came across of this forum and figured I would give it a go to see if you all could point me in the correct direction as far as fixing this. If needed I can put together a video.

Currently when I plug up the machine it counts from 0H to 20H on repeat. I attached some pics so that you guys can visually see what model I am dealing with.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like possibly a short in your wiring harness, check every inch of your wire harness from top to bottom, since you already replaced the CCU and user interface, that's most likely the problem.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, frayed or broken wires or melted wires shorting out each other or the cabinet.

Jake

amoffitt

Premium Member
I looked around a bit at the wires and I did not see anything that stood out. I used electonic contact cleaner/spray on the connectors that hooked up to the control board also but that did not fix the issue. Any other ideas?