FIXED Whirlpool GI0FSAXVY04-cannot program, not cooling

WalterK103

Premium Member
Model Number
GI0FSAXVY04
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello, I have read a number of threads here and find the assistance to be great!

About 5 days ago, my refrigerator stopped cooling in both compartments. All interior lights were working, but the front panel went dark unless a button was pressed, after which it displays the number "8" all the way across.

Yesterday, the refrigerator came back on, and began working normally, which lasted around 24 hours before it developed the same symptoms (not cooling, dark front panel, interior lights working).

I attempted to check the program code (which should be 2217) by pressing the Door Alarm keypad, the Freezer temp down keypad, then releasing the alarm keypad, but the display never went into programming mode. Tried to get into service mode, by pressing Door Alarm, Refrig temp up, then releasing Door Alarm, but that didn't work either. Since no code is displayed, and the panel goes back to dark after I press the appropriate buttons, I'm guessing bad electronic control board. I think that part number should be WPW10312695. Is there a way to test the existing board before ordering a new one?

Thanks in advance!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

WalterK103

Premium Member
Thank you very much for the help, Rick! Does it strike you as likely that the problem is in fact with the electronic control board? I can't figure out, logically, if the inability to pull the program code on the front panel means the the panel isn't seeing the main control board due to a problem with it or that the front panel board itself might be the problem.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It could be either one. It could also be a bad connection on one of the boards. Past history tells me it's probably the board.

WalterK103

Premium Member
Hi Rick, I wanted to let you know that your diagnosis of my issue was correct. It was the Electronic Control Board. My local repairman was wrong.