Whirlpool GI15NDXTS1 not making ice

pj96ss

Model Number
GI15NDXTS1
Brand
Whirlpool
Just this week, the ice maker started making thinner ice than normal. I put it thru the clean cycle that did not help. I can see the water being pumped up to the freezing tray so it looks like the water is cycling well. I can see ice still laying on the cutter grid. Before I take it apart, and I do have a nib grid, I'm looking for any advise on what could be wrong. I can feel the cold coming from the freezing tray. I regularly vacuum the dust from the front coils

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Our other tech wobiii helps us on these, here's another one with your same model number that he helped with:

Jake

pj96ss

So I took the upper front panel off this morning and I can see plenty of water flowing over the freezing plate. I paid attention to a complete cycle and it made a sheet of ice without a center and the edges were thinner than usual. Also, the cutting grid didn't get hot enough to cut the ice either. What did slide down sat on top of the grid.

Any thoughts???

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
wobiii is our expert on these, but he's usually swamped with field service calls.

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, it has a diagnostic mode you can access to find the bad part. Sounds like the HOT GAS VALVE SOLENOID may be the problem.

Jake

Attachments