Whirlpool GI5FSAXVY02 - Front display went out, Fridge quit cooling and dispensers quit working

CBCo

Premium Member
Model Number
GI5FSAXVY02
Brand
Whirlpool
Front display blinked a few times then went out. Fridge quit cooling and dispensers quit working. Read a few threads on what to replace. Replaced both control panel and display in front and HV control in back of fridge. All lights on front display come on when I push any button. Push lever and light and beep stay on. Any ideas?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The way it's acting sounds like a bad or loose connector. See if you can get into Options>Settings>Factory Reset.

CBCo

Premium Member
Not sure how to do that. When I push any button on the display , all lights and displays come on at once. Digital read out is all lit as if it were 8s....

rickgburton

Staff member
I haven't seen that issue before but it sounds like one of the display parts is defective. Did you connect the ribbon connector?

CBCo

Premium Member
Ribbon is connected. Which defective part would cause all lights/display to come on when only one or any button is pushed?

rickgburton

Staff member
Could be either one. If I had to guess I would say display board. Didn't you get both parts together in a kit so you'll need to return both keypad and board. When you get the replacement part that should solve the problem.
W10740218 Dispenser Control Board Kit

dshand

Premium Member
Did replacing the display control board fix your issue? If not, what did fix it. I having the same, exact problem.

Dave