• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WHIRLPOOL GI7FVCXWY01: Refrigerator stops cooling and warms up in a recurring several day cycle

T-bones

Premium Member
Model Number
GI7FVCXWY01
Brand
Whirlpool
WHIRLPOOL GI7FVCXWY01: Refrigerator stops cooling and warms up in a recurring several day cycle (no Fridge fan/blower running when dormant/warming). Freezer is working fine, so I think the compressor is ok. Cycle is something like this: Fridge works fine for 3-6 days, then spends a day or two in a dormant warming period. The icemaker is located in the Fridge compartment, so it stops making ice when in the dormant/warming cycle. This cycle has repeated several times at this point. Have replaced Fridge Blower/fan and circuit board but problem continues. The unit has a separate fan/blower in freezer and fridge and both seem to be working. Thank you for any ideas/insight you might share!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech data sheet below. Lets check the Refrigerator Compartment Thermistor first.

Get into the Control Board diagnostics and--->Do-->2. Refrigerator Compartment Thermistor and see if it PASSES.

If it PASSES, then check your 10 ohm resistor in series with the refrigerator evaporator fan motor and see if its burnt like this:
(click to enlarge)
10ohm.jpeg

Here's the evaporator fan motor for your model(which includes the Refrigerator Compartment Thermistor)
Evaporator Fan Motor WPW10276647

From the schematic/wiring diagram for your model below. You can see that 10 ohm resistor that comes from P7-9 on the control board. Its marked VT(violet)-WH(white) wire.

If it is burnt, you need to remove that 10 ohm resistor and solder a new 10 ohm resistor in.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10310695 - Rev D.pdf
    298.8 KB · Views: 14

T-bones

Premium Member
Thanks so much Jake! It sounds like very good advice. I will give it a try as soon as I can. Thanks again, Tom

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tom sounds good.

Keep us posted!

Jake