Status
Not open for further replies.

briantn

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT780SAEM
Brand
Whirlpool
I have been troubleshooting my 3 year old dishwasher for a day now. I was in the process of ordering a new circulating pump when I decided to take the existing one apart. First thing I noticed is the part that pushes the water is stripped. Could this alone have been causing my dishwasher to not work properly during a wash cycle? I suspect yes, but figured I would ask the pros.

Next question is what is the name of that piece? I have no idea where to purchase a replacement. I do not see it on any of the repair part sites. Pic attached.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's it. Many members have needed to replace this wash motor for the same reason. I even replaced two of these exact same wash motor assemblies myself in my local area for my customers last September, and it fixed them both.:)

On this model it's actually less expensive to get the complete wash motor sump assembly, than the wash motor alone.:)

Here it is for your model you can order:
Pump and Motor Assembly WPW10605057

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

briantn

Premium Member
Installed the new pump and it works now.

Crazy that one stripped part cost me $140. I could not find anywhere that sold it online.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you are correct, they don't sell the impeller separately.

Glad to hear you are back in business. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

briantn

Premium Member
Yea so ridiculous someone does not not just fabricate that part. I cannot imagine it costing more than $1.

Thanks for the replies. Now it's time to fix leaks in the bathtub!
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.