• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Gold - GSS30C6EYY01 Ice maker stopped working

edmoy79

Model Number
GSS30C6EYY01
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello. I have a Whirlpool Gold side by side fridge and all of the sudden, the ice maker stopped working. I have done some troubleshooting and I know the ice maker is fine. I poured some water into the mold and frozed and spitted out the ice cubes in a timely matter. I have changed the water inlet and checked temperature, all is normal. The pipe is not clogged cause I was able to blow air through it. The problem is water is not being sent to the mold. I have replaced the emitter and receiver boards but still no ice. I have read on the other post regarding the LED light. On mine, if I do a power cycle, the LED does come on for like 5 mins and then will turn off. Is the LED normal running like that?

Any help with this would be fantastic.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Set your meter to measure VAC. Remove the the two wire connector on the red water valve solenoid and insert your test leads into the connector, one in each wire.
R-fill valve.jpg

Remove the cover over the ice maker power module and locate holes "T" and "H". Use a short piece of insulated wire bent in the shape of a "U" and short "T" and "H" together.
R-IM T H.jpg

You'll probably need to hold the door switch closed. As soon as the ice maker starts a harvest cycle and the main drive gear begins to turn, remove the wire . Close the door and wait for the harvest cycle to end. At the end of the harvest cycle the water valve is energized for about 7 seconds. Check your meter for 120 VAC