Whirlpool gold model GI5SVAXVQ00 makes ice cubes fine but continues to drip water

Kevchid69

Premium Member
Model Number
GI5SVAXVQ00
Brand
Whirlpool
Good morning,
I have a continuous problem with my ice maker I hope you can help me with. It makes ice cubes fine but continues to drip water causing all of the cubes to freeze into a solid block of ice. Even allowing water to drip out front door of fridge ice drop. Any suggestions! Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The problem would be the water inlet valve is not closing all the way causing the continuous water drip.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model you can order, which is located inside the refrigerator:
Water Inlet Valve 67006322

There is a video in this link that shows you how to replace it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Kevchid69

Premium Member
Jake,
We have recently received and changed the inlet valve but the water drip has increased instead of stopping. Causing water to drip excessively out of the hole where ice cubes are supposed to come out. Any suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That should of fixed it. Wait, are you saying the water is leaking ONLY when the ice maker is filling with water to make ice?

Or is it constant dripping ALL THE TIME into the ice maker?

I see you started a new thread here on it:

If its a constant dripping then do like Rick said here:
Turn the water supply off. If the water drip stops the new water valve is bad. See if you can return it and get a replacement.
Jake

Kevchid69

Premium Member
Jake,
It is a constant drip, It drips so bad my wife is constantly wiping up water. Yes I did reach out this morning but I really wanted to talk to you. Any other ideas of what to try? Do you think it could be the tray itself?
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you do what Rick mentioned?

--->Turn the water supply off. If the water drip stops the new water valve is bad. See if you can return it and get a replacement.

Jake