• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Gold WDT780SAEM1 Error code F7-E1 but heating element works on diag cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingoleso

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT780SAEM1
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool Gold WDT780SAEM1 (about 4-5 years old) dishwasher that is having issues cleaning and drying. I ran the diagnostic cycle and it produced error F7-E1 (heating element). I ran a continuity test on the heating element and it was closed, and on the high limit thermostat and it was closed until I put it near heat and it opened as expected. After the last cycle on the diagnostic mode, I poured some hot water on the heating element and it steamed up quickly showing that it was on at least during the diagnostic cycle. What else could I check?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, after it fills with water do you hear the wash motor come on and hear water splashing in the tub?

The way this dishwasher heats water is the wash motor has to run for the spray arms to spray water over the heating element, if no water is spraying over the heating element then the water can't heat up properly and F7 E1 occurs.

It's most likely a bad wash motor(circulation pump), this has become a common problem as of late, many members here have reported the same. In fact I had 2 in Sept. 2018 in Parker, Arizona that did the exact same thing, and the new wash motor fixed them both.:)

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 made by Whirlpool, and Whirlpool owns KitchenAid, and uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here is the wash motor assembly for your model:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video:

The wash motor is currently out-of-stock, but as covid-19 continues I see it go in and out-of-stock quite a bit, and its almost as expensive as the complete assembly below and that is currently in-stock.:)

Here's the complete assembly which comes with the wash motor already installed for you along with a new diverter motor too:
Pump and Motor Assembly WPW10605057

Keep us posted.

Jake

ingoleso

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for your suggestion. I replaced the circulation pump and ran the diagnostic cycle again. I heard the jets spinning the entire cycle! i'll need to run it a few more times to be certain that it fixed the problem since it has been a bit sporadic. The only remaining issue is that after i ran the diagnostic cycle, it still threw the F7-E1 and F6-E4 codes. Are they left over from the previous problems? i thought that the diagnostic cycle reset the codes?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new wash(circulation pump) motor fixed it.(y)

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below. Look at Service Diagnostics Cycle on Page 3.

NOTE 4--->Press HI TEMP key in this interval to clear customer error history.

See at the bottom of that Service Diagnostics Cycle chart says 4, that is NOTE 4, and the Interval you Press HI TEMP key is Interval 21

Let us know if those error codes clear.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10751166 - Rev C.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 146

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear that.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.