• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool GS6SHAXMB00 cooling problem.

OFilippov

Premium Member
Model Number
GS6SHAXMB00
Brand
Whirlpool
I like my refrigerator and its been running strong for over 10 years without a problem till now.

I took an Ice cream yesterday from freezer and it was melted.
Then I tried a Pepsi from other side and it was warmer than I liked.

The refrigerator still cooling a bit but not enough. I put thermostat at coldest #7 settings, but it looks like it made little to no change at all.

The evaporator and condenser fans are working, and compressor cycles on for a while and then off for a while, but probably at number seven cooler/freezer settings it should be more on then off - I haven't noticed it. Also the defrosting looks to be working since I've noticed a water in a tray underneath the refrigerator.

What should I check next to troubleshoot the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, you'll need to remove the food and selves from the freezer section and look at the frost pattern of your evaporator coil. Normal would be a thin layer of frost on ALL the coils. If there is too much frost to where you can barely see the evaporator coil then you have a auto-defrost part that's out.

Here's the freezer parts diagram for your model: Parts for Whirlpool GS6SHAXMB00: Air Flow Parts

Pull of your air duct#5, just unsnaps. to make it easier to get that lower back access panel#17 off, remove the #18 screws and pull that lower back panel off then you'll see your evaporator coil.

Let me know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, thats fine, keep me posted.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.