• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool GSF26C5EXB00 Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Filling With Water

fergusnr

Premium Member
Model Number
GSF26C5EXB00
Brand
Whirlpool
Ice maker quit filling with water after technician replaced dual water/ice maker water valve. I ohm tested water inlet valve and dual water/ice maker valves. Both checked good. I found a green and yellow? wire connected from wire bundle under fan near the valves which was unattached after technician left. Couldn't find anywhere to connect it to, though. Any help with ice maker problem would be appreciated.
Water dispenser works just fine.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ice maker quit filling with water after technician replaced dual water/ice maker water valve.
What was the problem before he came out?

Take a photo of what your seeing and attach it in your next post, because I don't see a green and yellow wire going to the water inlet valves, just YELLOW, VIOLET and TAN.

You have a primary and secondary water inlet valve, Both of these water inlet valves are in the back of your refrigerator. The dual one should be located behind the single one, it will have a small plastic cover over it that is held on by 1 screw, just remove that screw to get that cover off the dual one. When you click the water inlet valve part links you will see a video to show you how to access/replace them.

When the ice maker sends 120 volts to the primary one, the secondary one gets the same 120 volts too.

Here's the single(primary) water inlet valve for your model:
WPW10238100 Valve

Here's the dual(secondary) water inlet valve for your model:
WPW10258562 Valve-Inlt

Jake

fergusnr

Premium Member
Problem was dual valve was leaking water. He replaced it and after that is when the ice maker quit filling with water.

Photos show green-yellow wire dangling down. I’m not sure where it goes as I cannot find any place to connect it.

Attachments

• 97EADD52-31EF-4507-B105-BD0B279190FC.jpeg
    97EADD52-31EF-4507-B105-BD0B279190FC.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 28
  • C5ADD43E-4D98-4B85-9D02-64B31DA1006B.jpeg
    C5ADD43E-4D98-4B85-9D02-64B31DA1006B.jpeg
    405.7 KB · Views: 27

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's a ground wire, it clips onto the water inlet valve metal bracket.

Call the tech. back and have he/she come fix it. Yes, there are Lady techs, and they are very good too.:) Unless they don't test their work either.:(

I never leave a job till I test my work, he/she didn't test his work?

Jake

fergusnr

Premium Member
Thanks for identifying the ground wire. I will attach it today.

The tech was called because the dual water/ice maker valve assembly was leaking water. He replaced it with a new one.
So, he did what he was called out to do.

But, that doesn't address the subsequent problem of no water going to the ice maker. I didn't check voltage to the dual water/ice maker valve. Should I check for 129 volts on each valve?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The tech was called because the dual water/ice maker valve assembly was leaking water. He replaced it with a new one.
So, he did what he was called out to do.
I know, but the job is NEVER complete until the tech. TESTS that valve, I always do.:)

Any part can come defective, you see what I mean? In my 35 years I've had many parts come defective right out of the package. Then I contact my parts supplier and they send another for NO CHARGE, and it works great!

I didn't check voltage to the dual water/ice maker valve. Should I check for 129 volts on each valve?
Yes Sir, check for 120 volts AC at the water inlet valve electrical connector, when the ice maker activates the water to come in.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.