• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool ice maker harvest harm "hitching"

PuckLuck7

Model Number
ED2FHEXNT00
Brand
Whirlpool
Initially the icemaker wasn't filling with water. I took the whole thing apart, didn't really find anything, and put it all back together. As soon as I plugged the fridge back in, water poured into the icemaker. The ice froze, and the heater turned on so the ice had started to melt and was loose and ready to be ejected. But, the ejector/harvest arm was not moving. With a very gentle nudge, the arm started to move on its own to eject the ice, but then paused. Again, I nudged the arm and it continued to move on its own briefly before pausing again. I repeated this several times before the ice was actually ejected into the collection bin. Then the whole thing took off on its own, water filling, ice freezing, and heater turning on. But the harvest arm keeps getting fetched up by something, requiring gentle manual pressure to continue to rotate. Any ideas how I can fix this? Or, if it can't be fixed, what part I would need to order? Here's a picture of the icemaker if that's any help to you:
image.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
As soon as I plugged the fridge back in, water poured into the icemaker. But the harvest arm keeps getting fetched up by something, requiring gentle manual pressure
It sounds like there are several problems in the power module. It shouldn't fill with water when plugged in and it sounds like the motor is too weak to continue on it's own.
Replace the ice maker.
Ice Maker Assembly 4317943 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Ice-Maker-Assembly-4317943-01343956.jpg