FIXED Whirlpool LSQ9659LW0 Noise on Spin

BlueCuda

Premium Member
Model Number
LSQ9659LW0
Brand
Whirlpool
First off, great forum. I am big into cars and jeeps and was very happy to find a similar forum for my washer :D

I Have a Whirlpool LSQ9659LW0 that is making some nasty racket on the spin cycle. It does spin, not full speed, but it does spin while making this rhythmic grinding/screaming noise. Sounds like probably a gearbox problem but hope its something otherwise.

I searched this model number but didn't come up with anything. Thanks for any help.

BlueCuda

Premium Member
Well it seems to me like the gearbox is bad. I layed it down and removed the motor to check the coupling, it was fine. I can turn the transmision manually and that turns the tub. But only for a little bit as after a few turns it stops and freewheels the drive input(on the gearbox). I can turn the tub past this point and continue on until the same point comes up in which it goes free again.

How does the gearbox come off? I have removed the motor and taken the gearbox loose, I have pulled on it but afraid to pull to hard. Thanks for any info.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

BlueCuda

Premium Member
I am pretty sure its about 7 years old....my luck. Just to double check is there a mfg date on it anywhere?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just to double check is there a mfg date on it anywhere?
Yes, its in your serial number, post the serial number of your washer.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent BlueCuda, good job fixing it.:)

Jake