• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)
  • Important Announcement

    It's with sad news to announce that our site owner, Jake, has passed away. You can read the details here.

Whirlpool mh2155xpb2 Died


Premium Member
Apr 26, 2006
Mission Viejo
Ran the microwave and it finished heating a cup of coffee and beeped every few minutes as normal. Opened the door and shut it and the unit has not worked since (no display or anything). Door has two pins that engage little plastic catches and I assume some sort of contact switch for determining if the door is open. The lower catch does not appear to be functioning. I've tried pressing it with a screwdriver, but it does not return to it's normal position. I checked the outlet with a circuit tester and it was dead. I checked the circuit breaker, but it did not appear to be tripped (but it must have been). I reset it anyway, and the outlet tests ok. However, still nothing from the microwave. The microwave has been in service for less than a year. Where do I go from here? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Support Our Site

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, please consider making a donation.