• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool microwave MH7130XEZ-0 Code:F2


Premium Member
Feb 17, 2009
saint louis
Microwave over the range microwave model #MH7130XEZ-0, serial # FGG0402569. I disassmbled the display panel to clean it. Disconnected the circuit board, removed from plastic panel, cleaned panel and reassembled. Reconnected the connectors on the circuit board , reinstalled the touch panel display to microwave oven, then plugged in power cord. Diplay initially displays 88:88 (for less than a minute) then displays "F2" and a single beep every 10 seconds (like the reminder beep). The touch panel is non responsive to any buttons pushed. So I unplug the power cord. Help..do I really need a service call?

Users who are viewing this thread

Support Our Site

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, please consider making a donation.