• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Microwave WMH31017FS0 Turntable and lights not operating properly

Richardk13

Premium Member
Model Number
WMH31017FS0
Brand
Whirlpool
About a month ago when I would open the microwave door the light would flicker and I would hear a clicking sound. The microwave would operate normally otherwise. One day I opened the door and it kept running. I opened it up to look at switches and as I was taking the interlock switch out it came apart and parts went everywhere. I ordered a new one. Now the the turntable runs when the door is open and if I try to operate the microwave the screen flashes what looks like”file4”.
I have tested all the switches and they seem to be operating properly and I see no signs of burning.
Another thing I have noticed is that I hear a rattling sound from the door like something is loose. It also appears that the 3 terminal switch changes state with just the slightest pull on the door.
this is the second appliance in this line that I have had problems with. I am thinking they cut some serious corners.
any help would be appreciated.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
F1E4 error is a relay on the control board Most likely it’s stuck closed. Check the wire connections on the board. You’ll need to replace the board. Do you have the tech sheet? Check the voltage matrix on the control board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Attachments

• tech-sheet-W10867019-RevA.pdf
    399.7 KB · Views: 31