• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Microwave YWMH31017AS5 "door" error message

recroad

Premium Member
Model Number
YWMH31017AS5
Brand
Whirlpool
I get a "door" error message when I try to start the microwave. I've tried cleaning it but that doesn't fix it. Or if it does, it's very temporary before it stops working again. When it does work it works perfect so it looks like it has to do with sensors? I've cleaned every single nook of the microwave so I think I've ruled out dirt.

Any help would be appreciated.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Recheck your model number for me. I can't get anything to come up with that one.

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, unplug the machine and check the door interlock switches for continuity by open and closing the door. It sounds like one is not making contact or is out of adjustment. You'll need to remove the control panel to access the interlock switches.

recroad

Premium Member
OK, unplug the machine and check the door interlock switches for continuity by open and closing the door. It sounds like one is not making contact or is out of adjustment. You'll need to remove the control panel to access the interlock switches.
Thank you. Are the interlock switches/control panel the ones pictured below?

Attachments

• door-1.jpeg
    door-1.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 15
  • door-2.jpeg
    door-2.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 13

rickgburton

Staff member
You have two interlock supports, an upper and a lower. There's a screw on top of the control panel. Remove the screw and the control panel will either lift off or open to the right like a door. From there you can access the interlock switches. One interlock switch is on the top support and two on the lower support.
interlock.jpg