Whirlpool Oven GR465LXKS wont heat up

wormfarmer1

Premium Member
Model Number
GR465LXKS
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool electric oven model number GR465LXKS. The problem that I am having is that it will not heat up to the right temp. Everything appears to work other then that. The heating element glows red/orange. I have tried to adjust the temp by holding the bake button down and adjusting it to 30 but had no luck with that. For example I will set it to 400 and after ten or 15 min it may get up to 300 if it is having a good day. Let me know what you think if someone has some advice.
Thanks in advance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
First ohm your oven sensor.

Here's the oven sensor for your model:
Manufacturer part number W10181986 is RepairClinic item number 1394200

The oven sensor is a probe type part that you can see inside your oven, you can get access to it from the back of your range where it has a connector on it. Unplug your range first before ohm testing it.

Watch this video on how to test it:

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vWJOLFW2aw0?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

If the oven sensor checks good, then its likely the clock oven control board.

Here's the clock oven control board for your model, which is $470, and not worth it in my opinion since your range is already 10 years old:
Manufacturer part number 4453614 is RepairClinic item number 1543466

Jake

wormfarmer1

Premium Member
Thanks for the input. I tried the sensor and it is good. So you don’t think it is worth buying the clock and I agree with you on that since it is kind of high. Would there be any other way to go around that by chance or am I just dreaming. I guess I have some used parts for sell if you know of any buyers. It just seems like a waste of a good stove over the clock part going bad. Do you have any suggestion on a new stove that would be equal to this stove; I think this one new today is around $1500. I am willing to spend around that amount. Thanks again for your advice.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member