Whirlpool Quiet Partner III GU2400XTPQ6 start button just blinks and nothing happens.

danecox

Premium Member
Model Number
GU2400XTPQ6
Brand
Whirlpool
I can't get the dishwasher to start. The last time it was used, it got most of the way through the cycle, but then stopped and there is still a lot of water in the bottom of the unit. I attempted to run the diagnostics, but all that happens is that the lights all light up and it just sits there. Maybe I am not waiting long enough? Anyway, I can select any cycle, and hit Start, but the light above the start button just blinks and nothing happens. I have cycled the breaker a few times with no luck. I am fine buying a new part, but hoping we can narrow the issue down to a specific part before I buy something that isn't broken. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's a test to determine which part is the problem:
A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control or the keypad. To determine if the control board OR control panel keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power then Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the control panel keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the control panel keypad if the drain motor turns on.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the control panel keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Here's the control panel keypad for your model you can order:
WP3385742 Console Assembly

Let us know what you find.

Jake

danecox

Premium Member
Thanks Jake! Assuming I did everything right (and multiple times to be sure), I got no response from the dishwasher, so I ordered the console assembly just now. It will be the end of next week before I get the part, so I will get it installed and let you know how it went. I appreciate the help! Dane

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Control assembly? Or control board?

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the control panel keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the control panel keypad if the drain motor turns on.

If the drain motor did not come on, then you need the control board.:)

Here's the control board for your model:
WP8564547 Control Board

Jake

danecox

Premium Member
Ok, I misread what you wrote and cancelled that order. However, that controller is $255 and that is bit more than I want to spend on a dishwasher this old. I am not sure what I will do now. I think at this point I am going to shop around and see what it will cost me to just replace it. Thanks for all the information and assistance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes I agree $255 is a bit high to put in a 10 year old dishwasher, when you can buy another new Whirlpool dishwasher for about $500.

Thanks for the update!

Jake