• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Range GERC4110SB2 night light

ron3033

Premium Member
Model Number
GERC4110SB2
Brand
Whirlpool
Whirlpool GERC4110SB2 Range
Touch panel controls, when touch the panel to turn on/off night light you hear the relay click, but no light comes on. I am not sure if it is a led strip or just a bulb that shines down a thin channel at the bottom edge of the control panel. Any help would be appreciated, I can't seem to find the information about this, maybe I have just not came across the correct information. I will try to put photo of range. Thanks HPIM1393.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ron3033

Premium Member
Thanks Jeff I did find them used on ebay USA at 43 $. I may just not bother as it was so rarely turned on and used, and gave very little light. I may look to see if a ribbon connection is not contacting, but it sure did not get much use. I thought it may be cheaper and more effective to put 2 LED lights in the range hood as it has a 2 position dimmer in it and put on at lowest level. As far as I know LED bulbs are dimmable.

ron3033

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I may look to see if a ribbon connection is not contacting

Since you are hearing a click...kinds sounds like the system is trying to turn on the light.

I thought it may be cheaper and more effective to put 2 LED lights in the range hood

My first thought was one of the old fashioned flash lights with the magnet on the side ;)

jeff.

ron3033

Premium Member
Hi Jeff I did pull the range out and put my multi meter on the plug that feeds the light unit power is there when switched on, just no light. The unit has 3 resistors on it and some little round thing about the size of a button then 2 wires that go to the lights themselves. I can only assume it is some part of the circuit board gone .... as LED lights that were lightly used are not to likely to be burned out. I wiggled wires, but no go. Looks like it could be a real chore to swap out too.

I was wondering if I should have left it unplugged?? just to prevent it doing something silly (like burning), since it is a surface touch switch you cannot tell if it is off or on position, you need to see the light on to know it is on.

"My first thought was one of the old fashioned flash lights with the magnet on the side ;)" They have those cool rectangular ones at Dollarama, LED, Magnet and a hook.... hahaha! ron3033

ron3033

Premium Member
Hello Jeff

I appreciate your advice and will be unplugging the light and covering the end with tape. Just to be safe. It never gave much light anyway and 43$ usa for used one.

I think what I will do is put 2 small led bulbs in the Broan range hood. It has a 2 position light control, ON and about 50%. Probably cast more useable light thank you ron3033

ron3033

Premium Member
I did tape it off, check with multi meter both continuity and power good across all 4 resistors and the capacitor....I am guessing it is the little round button thing... what ever it is 2 solder terminals any idea what it may be?? ron3033

ron3033

Premium Member
whirl light.jpgOn circuit board from bottom little round button?? capacitor, then 4 resistors

Hi Jeff I have it all back together and in place, but I have an ebay picture of the part.

ron3033

Premium Member
Hi Jeff sorry for the picture not being too good, but the range was in place and the mrs. wanted to use it. Just a guess at the button part..... I believe LED lights run on a dc voltage, maybe a rectifier for ac to dc? But it is all unplugged to be safe as there is no indication whether it is in the on or off position since the light does not come on.

ron3033 thanks for helping