• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Range GS475LEKS0 - Baking Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert4

Premium Member
Model Number
GS475LEKS0
Brand
Whirlpool
My neighbor has an problem with his range. Here's what he told me: "Whirlpool gas oven GS475LEKS0 with spark ignitor, takes a VERY long time to get up to temp. IF it gets there at all, it drops and rarely gets back up to temp again, cycling off and on. After replacing the control board I replaced the bake burner assembly (8190618) -- it gets gas, sparks and ignites quickly, but only lights 3" up on the right side, and 1" on the left. For testing, I noted if I blow on the tube on each side (with heat shield on or off), the flame travels all the way up and it fully lights. Both the broiler and range top are working fine. What could cause this?"

He said the temperature sensor measured 1080 ohms. Could it be that the igniter be weak or an issue with the gas valve?

Thank you!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
or an issue with the gas valve?
Check both the bake and broil coils on the DSI valve for 216Ω. Usually when one stops working, they both stop working. Set the oven to bake. On the DSI board check for 120 VAC J1-4 to J1-6. Check for 8-18 VDC J1-1 to J1-2.
C-DSI Gas Range.jpg

Here's the spark module(DSI board) for your model:
Spark Module WPW10331686

Robert4

Premium Member
He found that the wiring harness wasn't plugged in all the way to the spark module. It works again now. Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.