• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Range SF362LXSY0 oven not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

cipra

Premium Member
Model Number
SF362LXSY0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi Jake, Cipra here I am having problems with my stove again, when I press bake then start I can hear igniter clicking but doesn't ignite gas and turn on I have to light it manually, I'm also having a problem that when I am baking sometimes the oven just shuts down then I have to relight it manually, the igniters click but don't ignite gas. This has happened several times over the past month. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Carl Cipra

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Capra,

Do you see the spark coming out of the BAKE IGNITOR?

If not, here is the part you need:
Spark Electrode WP9758079

Jake

cipra

Premium Member
Hi Jake, sorry I haven't gotten back to you I appreciate the info. haven't had a chance to check out Bake Ignitor had health issues. Hopefully will get to it soon. Again Thanks. Cipra

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Cipra, no hurry.:)

Jake

cipra

Premium Member
Hi Jake, I went to the local appliance parts store to get the igniter and the man told me that they rarely go bad so he suggested I run a ground wire from igniter to body of stove so I did put everything together and didn't have a problem. I didn't use the stove for a few days and when I turned it on I could hear it clicking but it did not ignite so I had to light it manually after that no problems. Do you think that the igniter is still bad? I would appericiate your feedback. Thanks Cipra

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you have the range plugged into a 3 prong receptacle with a ground? Or 2 prong receptacle with no ground?

Jake

cipra

Premium Member
I have it plugged into a 3 prong outlet with a ground.

cipra

Premium Member
Hi Jake I just checked and the broiler won't ignite no spark and the bake sparks intermittently. Any ideas? getting frustrated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, if that's the case, then it sounds like the spark module is starting to go bad.

You can use a multimeter to measure between Red/White (#6) wire and the White (#4) wire on the spark module when set to bake. You should have 110-120 VAC. Then check broil the same way only measure between BU/W (#7) and W.

Make sure the wire between the igniter and the spark module is not pinched or broken and make sure the connections are tight.

Here's the spark module for your model:
WPW10331686 Spark Module

Jake

cipra

Premium Member
Hi Jake I think it is fixed.

In the begining I was told to change control board, then spark module, well I did that then I asked you and you had me check gas valve:

I did that was ok but then I was having problems so then I thought I would put my original control board back in and it was working but my broiler wouldn't light when you had me check spark module I used my original one installed and everything seems to work fine.

I think all my problems were my gas valve so far so good. I want to thank you for all your help you are GREAT thank's again. Cipra P.S. I will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.