• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Range WFE540H0ES0 oven over heating

Yardman

Premium Member
Model Number
WFE540H0ES0
Brand
Whirlpool
I replaced a broken baking element it had burnt out I put a new one in that I got from Amazon and now the oven overheats too much so I bought a thermostat and it's still over heating I'm wondering if it is because of cheep eliment I'm hoping it's not my control panel..... any thoughts

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, because if it wasn't overheating before you replaced the broken bake element, then its the cheap amazon one that's the problem. Send back to amazon and get your money back then order the OEM one below.

Here's the OEM bake element for your model:
W10779716 Bake Element

Jake

Yardman

Premium Member
I've done a lot of research on it and came to that conclusion myself but my wife insisted that I get the censor because she talked to a tech online I'm going to order the OEM eliment see what happens thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Well, its very simple, if you had no issue whatsoever with it overheating before you replaced the broken element, then it can't be the sensor.

But, you ohm test the oven sensor to make sure I'm right.:)

Watch this video to ohm test it:

Pull your RANGE out from the wall, then unplug it from the wall, then take back access panel off and you will see a connector that goes to it, remove the connector and ohm test it.

Here's the oven sensor for your model:
W10833885 Sensor

Jake