• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Range WFG231LVS0 oven won't turn on

subavairpine

Premium Member
Model Number
WFG231LVS0
Brand
Whirlpool
I thought the issue was just another burnt igniter so I replaced it, but still didn't turn on. Replaced the temp sensor because when I went through the diagnostic mode, the temp read 0 deg and from what I've seen it should be reading room temp when just sitting? Anyway, even with new temp sensor it still reads 0 deg on the control board in diagnostic mode. When I set temp and hit start, I can hear the click, but the gas never starts flowing and the igniter never glows, it just does nothing. Would that point to a gas valve or the control board itself? The upper burners work fine. TIA

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the part you need:
whirlpool-lcc-90-n-wpw10312660-ap6019284_01_l.jpg

subavairpine

Premium Member
Ok, so that didn't fix the problem. I got a new control board and it does exactly the same thing. The only thing left to replace would be the gas valve, right? What would be the right part #? Thank you. If that doesn't work I'm just gonna buy a new range.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You can check if the valve is bad by taking a voltage measurement. Set the oven to Bake. On the control board, check for 120 VAC across CON2-1 and CON1-1. The neutral side of the igniter goes through the oven safety valve:
C-Igniter Volts.jpg

whirlpool-single-valve-asm-wp98014893-ap6014264_01_l.jpg