• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Range WFG525S0HZ0 Oven/Broiler intermittent

Troy2003

Premium Member
Model Number
WFG525S0HZ0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi there. My oven and broiler both stopped working simultaneously. They light, then within a few seconds both turn off. I followed tech sheet. Ohmed oven sensor-approx 1100 ohms. I had steady 120 volts into ERC board, even when they dropped out. When it quit I had 0 volts at J1 pins 4-6. At J1 pins 4-10 I had 120 volts. I had 120 volts into ERC board, but lost voltage when units quit.
Also, the Error Code F6 E4 code was displayed. I cannot find anything on that code anywhere, I’ve poured over the internet looking. After unplugging it for 15 minutes, it works great now. (Of course). Any ideas? Thanks much!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I couldn’t find the F6E4 error on the tech sheet either. I also checked for any service bulletins but found none. Nothing to check when it’s working correctly.

Troy2003

Premium Member
Thank you. I’m going to leave it now that it’s working. Service mans nightmare when stuff works when it gets there

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick is exactly right. He made this diagram below.

Here's the DSI Gas Valve for your model:
Safety Valve WPW10602001
C- Direct Spark Gas Valves.jpg

Jake

Robert4

Premium Member
I found a PDF on the F6 E4 error code, attached below: "There may be a problem with the Oven Appliance Manager or Oven Control, or the associated wiring."

I couldn't find anything else that mentioned that error code. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• F6 E4 - Gas and Dual Fuel Range.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 42

Troy2003

Premium Member
I found a PDF on the F6 E4 error code, attached below: "There may be a problem with the Oven Appliance Manager or Oven Control, or the associated wiring."

I couldn't find anything else that mentioned that error code. Hope this helps!
Thanks so much! I was seriously starting to wonder if I read that code wrong!

Robert4

Premium Member
You're welcome! I was actually going to ask if you might have read it incorrectly, because I couldn't find anything about that error code at first either. It's so strange that it isn't mentioned on the tech sheet or anywhere else for that matter.

Troy2003

Premium Member
You're welcome! I was actually going to ask if you might have read it incorrectly, because I couldn't find anything about that error code at first either. It's so strange that it isn't mentioned on the tech sheet or anywhere else for that matter.
I thought so too! I used to do HVAC and appliance repair, been out of the field approx 12 years. Always had these “one in a million scenarios”. Looks like I still get them!

Troy2003

Premium Member
Ok, back to same old deal. I ohmed both coils-220 ohms each. I got oven hot as I could, then ohmed sensor. Steadily decreased ohm wise as it cooled down. (No sudden dips or jumps). My temp testing probes/meter were stolen-another story. When I get it to fail, the relays do not kick in, but both broil and bake show that they are on? I’m suspecting control board itself. I cleaned ribbon connector with eraser head. No burn marks on ERC or DSI boards. Would you guys gamble on an ERC at this time? Thank you!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
On the DSI board check for 120 VAC across J1-7 to J1-4 (broil), J1-6 to J1-4 (bake), Check for 8-18 VDC across J1-2 to J1-3 (broil), J1-1 to J1-2 (bake).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member