• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Range YWEE760H0DS0 - Oven Preheat taking forever to reach temp

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The Double Line Break relay breaks L2 which is the common connection for both elements (bake and broil). The Bake relay is for just the bake element. If the broil element works OK the DLB relay is OK. You want to check it first to make sure that's the problem and not a broken or burned wire. This was the only picture I could find:
Snapshot_1.jpg

Jokerstone

Premium Member
Wouldn’t the broken wire be inside the new element ? If it was broken? And if it is broken… would I still get continuity through the element? I checked the broil and the bake and both show continuity. Sorry for the questions and thanks for the patience!

Jokerstone

Premium Member
Thanks Rick. One more stupid question (for now) when I set the oven to broil, usually the burner should be red hot right and visibly red. When I set mine to broil it doesn’t get red hot. Do you think this is due to the board issue as well? Broil element shows continuity of the element itself.

Jokerstone

Premium Member
Tried it and Nothing. Flipped the breaker and touched the broil element as well. Cold. Looks like the broil element isn’t working and 0 heat when broil is selected. Does the broil and bake element alternate during the preheat? Seemingly something else went on the board I’m guessing?

some history… I already replaced the board due to the self clean malfunctioning last year (I don’t use it anymore). Maybe the broil element and bake element connections both went on the new board when the bake element blew?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Seemingly something else went on the board I’m guessing?
The Double Line Break relay breaks L2 which is the common connection for both elements (bake and broil).
I understand you don't have a meter and can't take any measurements but we have come full circle and you're starting to repeat your questions. We've gone as far as we can.