• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Range YWEE760H0DS0 Self clean fried oven?

Jokerstone

Premium Member
Model Number
YWEE760H0DS0
Brand
Whirlpool
Turned on the self clean function and it turned off half way with an error code.

Turned the self clean off.

Let it cool and went to replace the oven lightbulb which I hadn’t done for a while and when I started to unscrew, it popped and separated into two pieces, glass part and metal twist part.

fault code F6 E1 came up

I tested the oven temp sensor (can’t get the multimeter all the way in so I used wires and it showed a resistance all over the place mostly over 1000 ohms ) and the thermal fuse showed continuity.

Unplugged the stove overnight and went to plug it in now and the top element is hot to touch without any oven functions( bake, convect bake etc. Being on). When I plug in the oven I hear the oven turn on and it starts to get hot.

Whirlpool YWEE760H0DS0

Anyone know what to do? Is the control board fried? Anything else left to test and rule out?

is the control board hard to replace on this model? It’s a slide in electric

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, read page 10 and do what it says to do for error code F6E1

Here's the oven sensor for your model you can order if yours ohm tests bad:
W10833885 Sensor

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech+Sheet+-+W10665227+-+Rev+B.pdf
    178.9 KB · Views: 21

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unplugged the stove over night and went to plug it in now and the top element is hot to touch without any oven functions( bake, convect bake etc. Being on).
You mean the broil element in your oven that's located on the top inside the oven?

If that's the case, then yes the oven control board has gone bad.

Here's the oven control board for your model:

Jake

Jokerstone

Premium Member
Awesome thanks! Yea the broil element comes on as soon as I plug in the appliance. At that price it’s not even worth it to replace. Is there something I can disconnect so that I can use the cooktop only for now?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, unfortunately not.

Jake

Jokerstone

Premium Member
Hey Jake

should I bother running the automatic test in diagnostic mode? I’m guessing no because the broil element turns on as soon as I plug it in....thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Correct, No.

Jake