• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool RBS275PDB6 Electric Oven not heating, and up-heat button not working

SheetMetalDad95

Premium Member
Model Number
RBS275PDB6
Brand
Whirlpool
Older Whirlpool Electric oven: [the model number could have 8* instead of B* I cannot tell]

I will state that all of the problems I am having did not start until I ran the 'self clean' setting. instantly, the oven stopped working after completing the cycle.

When turning on the oven, the temperature button will not go up, in heat. It will only go down. (even while clicking the up-heat button) ----- is this a board issue? how can I tell?
Also, the heating elements are not heating up. I haven't wanted to try and replace them until I figure out the temperature button issue.

Like I said, this all happened immediately once I ran Self Clean.
My idea is that it got too hot and potentially messed up the board in the oven, causing problems?

any/all ideas are welcome.

Attachments

• 20210116_155428.jpg
    20210116_155428.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210116_160155.jpg
    20210116_160155.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 37

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The model number is RBS275PDB6

You will need the keypad assembly to fix that up-heat button problem, but it is No Longer Available.

Its #1 here:

For the oven not heating: The thermal fuse is in the very back of your oven, you can ohm test it for continuity to see if its good.

You'll need to pull your oven out from the wall, then take off the back access panel, then you will need a multimeter, then take off the wires to it, and ohm it for continuity.

You may need to get someone to help you pull it out as wall ovens are very heavy to pull out by yourself.

Unplug or turn the breaker off to your oven first before ohm testing that thermal fuse!

Here's the thermal fuse for your model you can order if needed:
WP9759243 Thermal Fuse

Watch this HOW TO video to ohm test it for continuity:

Take both wires off first, make sure the breaker stays OFF when accessing and ohm testing it.

Jake

SheetMetalDad95

Premium Member
so your recommendation on getting a new keypad assembly (since its not made anymore) would be to just take a deep dive and start looking everywhere?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Correct.

Jake