• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator GI5SVAXVL01 Icemaker Not Cycling Harvest/Fill modes

Genox

Premium Member
Model Number
GI5SVAXVL01
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi,

My icemaker is not cycling the harvest and fill modes. It is receiving power as tested via MMR. The water flow appears to be working as I can get water at the front door and when I jump the connection (see pics later)

I've removed the maker from the unit and used an MMR set to 200 ohm to check resistance on the purple/lavender wire with internal fuse and it appears to be ok as I get a reading of 0.1 that fluctuates as I hold the nodes to the wiring. I receive the same reading when I test the unit's ON/OFF switch.

I can jump the T and H nodes on the unit and it will execute the harvest cycle and also fill with water (left picture).
However when I replace the black cover piece with the yellow wire that connects to the H node, the unit does not appear to function. (right picture)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

IMG_5461.jpg
IMG_5460.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is there ice in the ice maker tray but it won't cycle the ice out?

Put a thermometer in your ice maker compartment and see what the temperature is reading after it sits awhile. It has to be 10 degrees or less at all times or the ice maker WILL NOT cycle.:)

If it is a constant 10 degrees or less in the ice maker compartment and the ice maker won't cycle the ice out, I'd suggest just replacing the ice maker module, unless your original ice try mold is calciumated with a white coating on it.

Here's the ice maker module for your model:
8201515 Icemaker Motor Module

There is a "how to" video in the ice maker module part link.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
WPW10190981 Icemaker

Jake

Genox

Premium Member
Thank You!

As a follow up, I attempted to jump the T and H nodes again this morning and this time the module did not even begin to turn so I feel like this points to the module going bad.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree.

Also you have to make sure the door switches are pushed in when jumping T and H.

Jake

Genox

Premium Member
Well. The new module did not appear to make a difference. I installed the new module and 24 hours later it only made one batch of ice. The ice it did make was full size and solid so I don’t think it’s the water inlet valve.

Now I wonder if it’s the thermostat. Very frustrating

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Put a thermometer in your ice maker compartment and see what the temperature is reading after it sits awhile. It has to be 10 degrees or less at all times or the ice maker WILL NOT cycle.:)
Did you put a freezer thermometer in the ice maker compartment like I mentioned?

Most stores sell freezer thermometers for $10 or less. Get the RED LIQUID or DIGITAL one.

Jake