• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator GI5SVAXVQ01 not cooling

WTP

Premium Member
Model Number
GI5SVAXVQ01
Brand
Whirlpool
Appliance stopped working. Front panel display is blank unless you press any button and then all lights light and 888 888 is displayed. If the ice/water dispenser paddle is depressed, all lights and 8’s display and the alarm goes off. After reading other posts, I checked the voltages at the rear control board at J1 pins 4 an 8 and got 125VAC. Checked J6 pins 1 and 2 and got 13 VDC. Rear control board is Maytag W10213583C
Inside lights work, but there is no cooling in refrigerator or freezer.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The erratic display board has 13V so that tells me the display board is bad. No cooling is telling me the compressor is not running and the two problems don't seem to be related so, Check the voltage on the main board across J1-1 and J1-8 then check if the compressor is running.

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, here's the part you need:

WTP

Premium Member
I am assuming this is an updated board from the board numbers that I posted previously? Thanks so much for your input.

rickgburton

Staff member
That's the correct board for that model number. The number you posted doesn't come up anywhere. It's probably a manufacturers number or stock number. I always order parts by model number. That's the best way.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.