• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator GI7FVCXWY02 Changing the refrigerator temperature make little or any difference in temperature.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I know what you mean.:)

Jake

linuxdummy

Premium Member
Wednesday I placed an order for WPW10292583 wiring harness which hasn't shipped but so far hasn't been cancelled and the site listed it as in stock and that they usually ship in one day thus I'm concerned that the order will be cancelled soon. I can find the thermistor WP2188819 available from several places and in some cases for less than $10 delivered thus if the harness order falls thru my plan is to order WP2188819 and splice it into the existing harness. Seems that should work.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, hopefully that should work if the wire harness gets canceled.

Jake

linuxdummy

Premium Member
Ok, can't say I'm really surprised but received the WP2188819 thermistor yesterday and cut the old one off and wired it in. It still doesn't work correctly so guess it's time to scrap the refrigerator. Possibly it's the main controller but don't want to spend that much on the old unit. Maybe I can find a simple one with no bells and whistles. It's kept in the garage and used for overflow from the one in the kitchen. I'm almost certain at one time it was working and when I put the cover on the mainboard it stopped working but not 100 percent sure.
Thanks for the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then it has to be the main control board then that I posted in post #7, that's all it can be now at this point.

Jake

linuxdummy

Premium Member
OK. Thanks. I ordered a new simple top freezer refrigerator today. No bells and whistles! It probably has a microprocessor control board of some kind though. So not counting my many hours on this I was only out less than $10 for the thermistor.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
. I ordered a new simple top freezer refrigerator today. No bells and whistles! It probably has a microprocessor control board of some kind though.
That's very good that you did that, the less bells and whistles the better.:)

Jake

linuxdummy

Premium Member
I have a simple refrigerator at the ranch that quit cooling about six months ago. It has a 'real' thermostat which cost about $15 delivered and took about 15 minutes to replace. It has a small circuit board that keeps up with the water filter for the ice maker. It's around 15 years old.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, mechanical temperature control thermostats are the most reliable.

Jake