• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator GI7FVCXXY00 Ice Maker Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffable

Premium Member
Model Number
GI7FVCXXY00
Brand
Whirlpool
Ice maker has been leaking a little water for a couple of weeks. The last batch of cubes were very clear and now it has stopped making ice. I think the ice maker needs to be replaced but I'm not sure how to remove the unit. Can't seem to find a video on how to remove the unit. Also is there a specific model number for the replacement maker. Thanks for the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

ffable

Premium Member
Jake - Following the video to remove the old ice maker but ran into a problem. Can't get it out. Seems the bottom portion of the unit is solid block of ice. I removed the 1 screw but can't get the unit to break free. Using a hair dryer to melt the ice. I see on the left side there seems to be a wheel that aligns to the side wall of the refrigerator. Any suggestions on how to get the old unit out. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you get the block of ice removed? There's likely still more ice you will need to melt before it comes loose.

Jake

ffable

Premium Member
Back to making ice!

Managed to melt the ice and get the unit out. The old ice maker was leaking near the motor and it filled the bottom of the housing with ice making it difficult to remove. Then it took a while to figure out how to get the old ice maker out. Eventually figured it out.

Ran into a problem with the new ice maker. There's a plastic alignment pin on the connector to the left of T & H pins. The new ice maker didn't have a whole to accept that pin. Called customer service and decided that I had to cut that pin off.

Also having a hard time getting the plastic covering back on. 2 of the 4 retention clips broke off but the real problem is getting it to seat properly over the ice maker with the styrofoam in place. Can't quite get it to seat all the way. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help and wishing you and your families a safe and Happy Thanksgiving -- Fred

ffable

Premium Member
Got it all back together. The Ice Maker wasn't seat properly. Removed and adjusted and it lined up.

Thanks for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Fred, good job, glad to hear the new ice maker fixed it! And you got the old one out and the new one in good.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.