FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator model# GI0FSAXVY08 control panel stopped working and fridge stopped fully cooling.

Nic L

Model Number
GI0FSAXVY08
Brand
Whirlpool
The ice and water dispenser control panel was blank and when you press any button all the lights on the control panel light up. I tried resetting the control panel but that did nothing. The fridge seemed to still be running, but i checked the temp and it showed it was not cooling. Same with the freezer. The interior lights still worked and I don't know if it was only cooling a little bit because I removed all food and unplugged it. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Seen this problem many times on my service calls. Its the main control board that's gone bad.

The main control board is in the back of your refrigerator, there should be a cover over it, just remove the cover screws and cover and you will see it.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order:
Control Board WPW10312695

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unplug your refrigerator first before you replace it.:)

Jake

Nic L

Thank you so much for getting back to me, Jake. I removed the panel and control board in the back. I have just a couple quick questions before pulling the trigger on this purchase.
1. The board you suggested says it replaces W10312695 which is the number of my board, but my board# has a B at the end. Does that matter?
2. I didn't notice any electric short marks on the board's front, back, or white plastic piece that the board clicks in to. Does that matter?
3. I read another post about a similar fridge where they mentioned the control panel in the front water dispenser area and the hinge cord pinching or disconnecting. Is there anything else you'd suggest I do for full confirmation it's the back control panel, or is this a pretty automatic solution?
4. When I receive the part do you happen to know if it comes with programming directions?

Thank you very much for taking the time to help.

Nic

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Nic.

1. No, the B at the end doesn't matter.
2. No, a control board can still be bad even if you see not burnt spots on it.
3. Seeing that you said it also stopped cooling that's a sure sign the control board is the culprit.

If you have a multimeter, Check for 120 Volts AC at the compressor. 0 Volts replace the control board.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh yes, number 4. It will come with the programming instructions.:)

Jake

Nic L

Success! Thank you, Jake 😁
Very smooth and easy process. I definitely appreciate it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Nic, glad to hear the new control board fixed it!

Thanks for the update!

Jake