• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator Model GI5FSAXVY01 Dispenser leaks

Model Number
GI5FSAXVY01
Brand
Whirlpool
The water dispenser drips daily but non constantly. It drips when the ice maker is refilling sometimes. It drips fast when other appliances are using water (ie. dishwasher, clothes washer) or when using a hose outside. Sometimes I come home to an empty house and there is a full tray of water in the door. I am thinking it has something to do with low water pressure.

We recently were away for 3 weeks and had turned off the water to the house. When we came back we changed out the water filter and ran water through it per the instructions. Since then the dripping started. I have reinstalled the water filter to be sure it was seated correctly and I repeatedly run water for a few minutes to make sure there is no air in the line. Not sure what to do next. Could the filter be defective? Or is it a valve?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its the water inlet valve that is the culprit.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model(There is a video that shows you how to access the water inlet valve inside the refrigerator section):
Water Inlet Valve 67006322

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.