• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator WRF560SEHZ00 intermittent no cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF560SEHZ00
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool refrigerator that intermittently quits cooling both refrigerator and freezer. When I was there it was working fine. Pulled evaporator cover, perfect frost pattern, drain was open, no ice and freezer floor. Ran diagnostic's, only error was refrigerator thermistor. Can not see why that would cause freezer to lose cool. Asked customer to see if condenser fan ran when not cooling, today, one week later it acted up again and customer said condenser fan was not running. I'm leaning towards main cba W11035836. Has anyone had that part do this or have any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So the compressor and condenser fan motor was NOT running? If the customer unplugs the refrigerator from the wall outlet for 5 minutes, then plugs it in does it start cooling fine again?

If it was working fine when you were there, then I agree with you, sounds like a faulty control board.

Here's the control board for your model:
whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w11035836-ap6039979_01_m.jpg

Keep us posted Richard!

Jake

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Returned today with the W11035836 main cba. When I got there the Freezer was at 38 degrees. The ice maker had made ice that night and it was melting. The compressor and condenser fan was not running, the evaporator fan was running. Before I unplugged or did any service I ran it thru diagnostics. The compressor and fan did come on on their test. No codes showed for thermistors. When I exited diagnostics the compressor and condenser fan continued to run. I installed new main cba, it took 5 minuets for compressor to run. I started putting screws in back temperature was dropping rapidly, it got to 31 degrees and compressor and fan shut off. I am going to replace the freezer thermistor at this point. It is a single evaporator refrigerator and I am guessing even though the thermistor passes diagnostics it's flaky and is sending the main cba wrong feedback. The part number Whirlpool shows is W10384183. The picture shows a Molex plug, mine is hard wired. I'm guessing I have to cut and splice.

ther.PNG
TIF.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Richard, the freezer thermistor shows that it is #18 here:
W1905012-00003.png

WPW10384183 Thermistor

Yes, it looks like you will need to cut and splice it in. Disconnect power to the refrigerator first!

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Thank you for the reply Jake. I see the freezer thermistor runs to pins 3 and 4 of P5 on main cba. I can not find a value chart for the W10384183. I did find that at 77 degrees it should check 2700 ohms. I'm in Ohio so even if its at room temperature I'm guessing it to be closer to the 65 degree area. I did find this chart and I will see if it is the same. I will ohm the new compared to the original prior to replacing and post results.
ThermTemp.PNG

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's basically the same chart as this one:
(click to enlarge)
020 Whirlpool Thermistors.jpeg

Jake

Richard Chase

Premium Member
I returned with the freezer thermistor and customer said the refrigerator has been working perfect with just the main cba for over 3 weeks and did not want thermistor replaced.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Richard, that's great to hear the main control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.